An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Commercial Director to join this unique privately owned and profitable UK business which designs and distributes a varied product range across multiple channels. They are well renowned for the quality of their brands, products and excellent customer service.
Their expertise lies within the home improvement/homewares sector in the consumer marketplace. The business has ambitious plans for the future and in order to achieve this they seek an entrepreneurial Commercial Director who will be an integral part of the business with the ability to progress quickly to the next level.
- Report directly to the MD, initially taking responsibility for the sales and marketing teams before taking on a wider business remit to include operations, manufacturing and finance.
- Identify new opportunities, taking the lead on constructing robust and successful business proposals that secure new customers and develop long term relationships. Translate the strategy into clear actions, targets and objectives across sales, marketing, operations, finance, manufacturing and quality, aligning the teams.
- The development of the sales and marketing teams is essential as is the rigour to improve market intelligence and overall business reporting to create a better understanding of the market and customer requirements.
- Ideally with experience from within the home improvement or consumer non-food sectors already operating at a senior level, you will have a passion for working with design and brand led products.
- Proven background in managing a business/business unit with P&L responsibility. SME experience would be beneficial.
- Able to illustrate a proven track record of managing and growing a diverse customer base across multiple channels such as retail, DIY and ecommerce.
- Genuine leadership skills and previous experience of leading teams to achieve clear but also challenging goals in a commercial environment is essential. As is the ability to communicate and positively influence at all levels internally and externally.
For further information and/or informal discussion, please submit your CV.