The National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS), is the only patient-led organisation in the UK specialising in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA). Due to its targeted focus on RA and JIA, NRAS provides truly expert and wide-ranging services to support, educate and campaign for people living with these complex autoimmune conditions, their families and the health professionals who treat them.
We take pride in the fact that everything we stand for and do is patient-led. Our team works closely with all of our NRAS Members and Volunteers, the Board of Trustees and our panel of Medical and Allied Health Professional Advisors to design, coordinate, fund and deliver a comprehensive and wide range of high quality products and member services for all affected by RA and JIA.
This is an exciting leadership role that will play a key part in NRAS’s growth and development. We are seeking an inspirational, innovative and resilient leader who can represent NRAS externally, building on existing relationships with all stakeholders as well as creating new ones. This special individual will share our goals, values and passion for all we do. NRAS is a forward-thinking, innovative organisation and our new CEO will share our determination to impact positively on the lives of people living with RA or JIA, their families and rheumatology health professionals supporting them.The Candidate
- Demonstrable experience of effective senior leadership in a small to medium sized organisation
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing strategies and operational plans
- Experience of effective development of partnership working and external relationship management
- Proven track record in income generation and growing a charity or a small business
- Evidence of ‘thought leadership’ and effective championing of key issues
- Passion for the cause of improving the lives of those living with long-term conditions
- Inspirational leadership, management and motivational skills to become ‘the face’ of NRAS
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively present to across multiple stakeholders and audiences
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisor at Berwick Partners Sandra Hamovic: on 07979 017 447 or Sandra.Hamovic@berwickpartners.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th February, 9am