- Air Liquide UK is a leading provider of bulk gases, packaged gases, and solutions for a variety of industries, ranging from Food (e.g. CO2 for the beverage industry) to Fabrication (e.g. welding gases and equipment) and Research (e.g. high purity rare gas). Air Liquide entered the UK in 2004 via the acquisition of Messer; the business has grown organically and via subsequent acquisitions of Linde Gas UK (2007) and Energas (2012).
- The specialty gases business unit within Air Liquide UK is based out of their manufacturing facility in Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, and supplies custom, specialised gaseous products to niche end users, such as high-end automotive, academic research and environmental monitoring specialists. With a key focus on quality, and the ability to deliver specialty products to a number of high growth markets, the site is marked for investment to improve its production capability and scope. Products supplied from the site range from high purity hydrogen and nitrogen cylinders, through to highly specialised multicomponent mixtures for use in benchmarking and ‘research scale’ product development.
- Air Liquide is looking to appoint a new Specialty Gases Plant Operations Manager to join its leadership team, with the goal of overseeing the safe operation of the Methane and Specialty Gases facilities and supply chains, as well as developing and shaping the operational strategy to support growth as the group looks to further invest in the already successful & profitable site.
- Based at the facility in Tunstall, Stoke on Trent, this individual will be responsible for leading the lower tier COMAH site of c. 35 employees.
- The Specialty Gases Plant Operations Manager is a leadership role, and reports to the Air Liquide UK Operations Director.
- The individual will ensure safe production and distribution of the bulk and packaged gases to both internal and external customers. They will drive forward a culture of delivering a quality product in a safe and cost-effective manner that meets with their customers’ expectations.
- The role is accountable for the safety of the operation as well as the end-to-end supply chain, manufacturing, laboratory, stock and transport operations.
- The Specialty Gases Plant Operations Manager will monitor and report on the performance of the Specialty Gases business area, with a specific focus on safety, efficiency, quality, and lead times. The role holder will participate in benchmarking activities with other Air Liquide Specialty Gases plants across Europe; and join the European wide task force to drive forward excellence.
- You will be an individual with established site leadership experience of safety critical manufacturing and supply chain operations. Whilst experience of the specialty gases sector would be preferred, those from the process industry or specialty chemicals sector may also be suitable for the position.
- You must have a demonstrated ability and credibility in prioritising safe operations with excellent communication and active listening skills. You will have experience of setting and delivering on operational strategy.
- You must demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and passionate commitment to the business with strong organisational skills and attention to detail. A team attitude is critical; eager to cooperate with others. Demonstrated personal involvement in coaching and guiding self and others.
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to: email@example.com
If you have any queries or would like more information in regard to this document, please contact: