- Established in 1991, Bufab UK has become a leading national distributor, with a business model and customer-led approach that is highly relevant to its market. Based in High Wycombe, the business sources and supplies a broad range of fasteners and C-parts, to a diverse customer base of industrial manufacturing and engineering businesses.
- Bufab UK is a solutions-focussed organisation – be it a simple but rare bolt, a custom-designed precision-turned detail, an efficient logistics solution, or an on-site safety stock. Their goal is to make a positive difference to their customers’ operations, by reducing costs and complexity, freeing up capital, providing reliable deliveries, and achieving a stable level of quality, through a seamless supply chain and an end to C-parts headaches.
- Bufab UK is part of Bufab AB, whose head office is located in Värnamo, Sweden, and has around 1,800 employees. With annual turnover close to £700m, this entrepreneurial business has grown rapidly, through acquisition and organically, and is now an international company with operations in 28 countries.
- Bufab UK now seeks to appoint a new managing director to lead and oversee the development of the business, and ensure it continues to grow successfully. This is set in the context of an organisation that is performing well, has a stable and experienced management team, and with significant potential to grow its market share within a highly fragmented sector.
- Crucial to the success of this appointment will be the ability to harness the talent that is already within the organisation, respecting the ‘DNA’ that has made the company the success it is today, with positive leadership that will ensure its development in the future.
- This will be a highly autonomous role, and the organisation requires a true ‘general manager’ who can enable the business to evolve. An essential trait will be the ability to bring people on a journey, as well as being an effective coach and trainer. With the tangible prospect, over the next five years, of the business growing to double - or treble - its current size, Bufab is seeking an individual with the capability to evolve as the organisation achieves its ambitious targets.
- You will be a proven commercial business leader, with P&L responsibility experience, and a track record of success in delivering consistent and profitable sales growth. An established managing director, or a business leader who is ready to take the next step; your experience may have been developed within an added-value distribution or manufacturing business, ideally in a related environment to Bufab.
- You will be familiar with leading a sales-led and service-driven business that has experienced fast-growth, where you will have strengthened its development through the implementation of robust leadership. Whilst operational understanding is important, a higher emphasis will be placed on the ability to deliver the sales output and P&L performance. Leadership aptitude is critical and will be allied to strategic capability and sound financial judgement.
- You will be someone who ‘makes things happen’ with the necessary drive, and you will be comfortable in a role that requires you to be in the field with your team, customers, and suppliers. Importantly you will be a natural at collaborating, and will understand how to unlock new ideas and added value through your team, and working in partnership with your peers in Bufab.
If you have any queries or would like more information in regard to this document, please contact:
Partner & Practice Head – Manufacturing & Engineering
0113 386 8525 / 07718 601322