Background to the Role
Whether working in a large, complex multinational, an SME or in the Public Sector, technology, change and transformation are driving the business agenda. These developments – coupled with the increasing focus on diversity and inclusion, social media, CSR, employee engagement, talent development and the ability to manage a multi-generational workforce – mean that the expectations of today’s HR professionals have increased significantly. HR is more commercially minded, agile, innovative and consultative than ever before.
Our number one asset is our people, and our Consultants have experience in recruiting senior HR professionals for a range of organisations. The HR practice within Berwick Partners is an established area of expertise. The practice works across multiple industry sectors with an extensive track record of placing senior candidates throughout the UK as well as internationally. They are highly professional, proactive in their approach, work with the utmost discretion and aim to establish long-term business partnerships. Our reach is global, and we are able to recruit across all areas of the HR function.
We are looking to add to our team and ideally this will be in London; we seek an individual who has a particular interest in placing HR professionals into professional services, financial services, advertising & media, technology, or retail & consumer.
At Berwick Partners, we have created a mature and “grown-up” culture, one where you are trusted to deliver without weekly KPIs and sales incentives. We provide our consultants with a huge amount of support to enable them to be as effective as possible. Support comes in the form of:
- Dedicated (shared) PA
- In-house Research Team
- Events Manager
- Marketing Data & Insights Analyst
- Marketing Manager
Positions this Practice has placed in the past include:
- Group HR Director – Bibby Line Group
- Chief People Officer – Turning Point
- Head of HR – Associated British Ports
- Director of People – Northern Trains
- Chief People Officer – Marlborough College
- Employee Relations Director – BAE
- Head of HR – Pukka Pies
- Reward Director – Mitie
- Talent Director – Eon
- Head of HRSS – Mercedes Benz F1
As a Berwick Partners consultant, you will have a large and fair market to develop and you will be expected to:
- Identify & develop relationships with clients (new and existing) through high level marketing and business development calls, running events, and social media presence
- Offer market intelligence, present at pitches and business development meetings, and actively introduce colleagues
- Listen to and interpret client requirements, developing commercially sound solutions
- Take ownership of candidate management, recognising that talented people are our lifeblood
- Professionally manage and deliver all assignments won to successful completion.
- Create, develop and deliver events that offer clients and senior candidates the opportunity to network.
- Develop a personal profile, ensuring that you become a recognised and respected recruiter in your specialism.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and interact at the most senior level.
- Produce well-written documents of excellent quality that add value to an assignment.
The position has a national remit and reports to Basil Leroux, Partner & Head of Practice.
- We are suited to those individuals who value a collaborative culture, the opportunity to do important work and deliver a quality service.
- Already a recruiter, you will be looking to handle assignments where you add value through consulting with and advising clients as a trusted partner.
- Intellectually capable, confident and a tenacious self-starter, you should be self-managed.
- You will know what it takes to develop your reputation and position, both internally and externally
- Able to communicate effectively, in writing and verb
- Upper-quartile base salary
- Transparent commission structure, equal to a third of billings (less salary costs). Additional support is provided in the first y
- Private healthcare with BUPA and SimplyHealth.
- Pension contribution 5%:3% (employer:employee).
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements.
- 25 days holiday + 3 days at Christmas + 8 days for Bank Holidays.
If you would like to learn more or could be interested in talking about this opportunity, please contact:
0121 654 5953