Background to the Role
The demand for talented finance professionals with a commercial outlook, is constant and continuous. In any progressive company, the link between finance and the business is a partnership, where finance is expected to provide real value-add rather than purely numbers. The importance of senior execs who offer more than being an Accountant will be forever in demand.
The finance practice here at Berwick is well-established, successful and stretched! As part of the Odgers Berndtson Group the practice certainly benefits from the strength and longevity of the wider business (55 years in finance recruitment), and we need to add to the team.
Each member of our team has significant experience in recruitment and offers genuine functional and regional knowledge. The practice has the experience and capability to recruit across the whole spectrum of qualified finance positions: from SME and family owned business Finance Director roles to blue-chip and Plc talent opportunities for up-and-coming finance professionals; from Tax & Treasury specialisms to confidential replacement needs.
Having recently lost a member of the team externally, we are looking to hire, and ideally the successful incumbent will be based in the South / London. The role will work very closely with Ashley Crich covering a number of key and well-developed sectors.
All our work is retained – and Berwick Partners is a great place to develop from either a contingent or interim Consultant into a fully retained executive search professional. This role will suit an individual who is not looking to develop large teams, but someone who enjoys client interaction and a consultative approach to recruitment.
At Berwick Partners, we have created a mature and “grown-up” culture, one where you are trusted to deliver without weekly KPIs and sales incentives. We provide our consultants with a huge amount of support to enable them to be as effective as possible. Support comes in the form of:
- Dedicated (shared) PA
- In-house Research Team
- Events Manager
- Marketing Manager
Positions this Practice has placed in the past include:
- UK Finance Director – Frenesius Kabi
- Finance Director – Deep Sea Electronics
- CFO – Zoological Society for London
- Group FC (Events) – Daily Mail Group
- CFO – Settle Housing Group
- Head of Finance Business Partnering – Frasers Property UK
As a Berwick Partners consultant, you will be expected to:
- Identify & develop relationships with clients (new and existing) through high level marketing and business development calls, running events, and social media presence
- Offer market intelligence, present at pitches and business development meetings, and actively introduce colleagues
- Listen to and interpret client requirements, developing commercially sound solutions
- Take ownership of candidate management, recognising that talented people are our lifeblood
- Professionally manage and deliver all assignments won to successful completion
- Create, develop and deliver events that offer clients and senior candidates the opportunity to network
- Develop a personal profile, ensuring that you become a recognised and respected recruiter in your specialism
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and interact at the most senior level
- Produce well-written documents of excellent quality that add value to an assignment
- We are suited to those individuals who value a collaborative culture, the opportunity to do important work and deliver a quality service
- Already a recruiter, you will be looking to handle assignments where you add value through consulting with and advising clients as a trusted partner
- Intellectually capable, confident and a tenacious self-starter, you should be self-managed
- You will know what it takes to develop your reputation and position, both internally and externally
- Able to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally
- Upper-quartile base salary
- Transparent commission structure, equal to a third of billings (less salary costs). Additional support is provided in the 1st year
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
If you have any queries or would like more information, please contact:
0121 654 5953