Background to the Role
Attracting and retaining the very best recruitment professionals is critical to our success. Well networked, our consultants have the tenacity and passion to enable our clients to appoint the very best senior individuals.
The Social Housing practice forms part of the wider Place & Regeneration team, led by Marek Dobrowolski. The team is unique in its focus amongst the leading search firms and, in recent years, has been trusted to manage many of the sector’s most high profile and complex roles in the UK. Our track record within the Social Housing sector goes back over a decade. We have seen year-on-year growth and are viewed by clients and candidates as highly credible, informed and well-networked.
We work with an array of Housing Associations and Registered Providers, and increasingly work with the wider Regeneration & Place team on assignments relating to joint ventures and partnerships. The majority of the G15 London Registered Providers – a group that houses one in ten Londoners and builds one in four new homes in the capital – are already our clients. We also work with smaller and regional Housing Associations, and this is a real strength.
We are recognised within the industry for looking beyond the usual suspects and bringing forward diverse cohorts of candidates. We have a particular reputation for, and strength in, securing candidates from the commercial sector, which has led to us also working with commercial companies, on roles at the interface of both sectors. This joint venture work between Housing Associations, Local Authorities and the Private Sector is a space in which we are successfully embedded through our multi-sector offering.
The Odgers Berndtson Group (Executive Search, Berwick Partners and Interim) already dominates this space. To further profit from the market conditions and our track record, we are looking for a recruiter to join Berwick Partners and become the lead specialist in Housing.
At Berwick Partners, we have created a mature and “grown-up” culture, one where you are trusted to deliver without weekly KPIs and sales incentives. We provide our consultants with a huge amount of support to enable them to be as effective as possible. Support comes in the form of:
- Dedicated (shared) PA
- In-house Research Team
- Events Manager
- Marketing Data & Insights Analyst
- Marketing Manager
Positions this Practice has placed in the past include:
- Director of Facilities – Thirteen Housing Group
- Director of Property – Estuary Housing Association
- Director of Housing – Watford Community Housing Trust
- Head of Commercial and Head of Preconstruction – Bromford Housing Association
- Business Change Director, Property Safety Director and Portfolio Delivery Lead – Aster Group
- Business Change Director – Your Housing Group
- Director of Customer Experience – Anchor Housing
- Operations Director – Sanctuary Housing
- Project SRO Director – University of Durham
- Head of Technology – Legal & General Modular Homes
- Director of Homes & Place – Yorkshire Housing Ltd
- Head of Transformation at National Express Group
As a Berwick Partners consultant, you will be expected to:
- Identify & develop relationships with clients (new and existing) through high level marketing and business development calls, running events and social media presence
- Offer market intelligence, present at pitches and business development meetings, and actively introduce colleagues
- Listen to and interpret client requirements, developing commercially sound solutions
- Take ownership of candidate management, recognising that talented people are our lifeblood
- Professionally manage and deliver all assignments won, to successful completion
- Create, develop and deliver events that offer clients and senior candidates the opportunity to network
- Develop a personal profile, ensuring that you become a recognised and respected recruiter in your specialism
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and interact at the most senior level
- Produce well written documents of excellent quality that add value to an assignment
This role will have a national remit, reporting to Marek Dobrowolski, Head of Place & Regeneration.
- We are suited to those individuals who value a collaborative culture, the opportunity to do important work and deliver a quality service
- Already a recruiter, you will be looking to handle assignments where you add value through consulting with and advising clients as a trusted partner
- Intellectually capable, confident and a tenacious self-starter, you should be self-managed
- You will know what it takes to develop your reputation and position, both internally and externally
- Able to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally
- Upper-quartile base salary
- Transparent commission structure, equal to a third of billings (less salary costs). Additional support is provided in the first year
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
If you have any queries or would like more information, please contact:
0121 654 5953